"Your Mission is Our Mission"Grant Writing and Support Services for Nonprofits & Municipalities
BellTower Consulting Company
BellTower Consulting Group was founded in 2009 by LaKeesha Morris, MSW, GPC. LaKeesha has over 15 years of grant writing and management experience. In 2016, LaKeesha earned the esteemed “Grant Professional Certified” credential from the Grant Professional Certification Institute. The difference between the “Grant Professional Certified (GPC)” credential and a “Certified Grant Writer” is proof of experience. The pre-requisite for sitting for the standardized GPC exam is that one must be a practicing grant professional with a successful track record. A “Certified Grant Writer” may be a novice professional that was awarded a certificate after attending a workshop or grant writing course.
BellTower Consulting Group has assisted nonprofit organizations and municipalities in securing grant over $20 million in funding for youth programs, social services, infrastructure, parks and recreation, arts programming and much more. BellTower consists of a team of well qualified grant writers with over 30 years of experience combined. The team has worked in every aspect of the grant profession from securing to managing federal, state, local government, and private foundation dollars.
BellTower offers a wide range of services including, but not limited to;
- Grant Planning
- Grant Research
- Proposal Development
BellTower offers a wide range of services:
- Post-Award Management
- Technical Assistance/Capacity Building
- Contract Compliance
At BellTower, your mission is our mission. Our team abides by the ethical standards set by the Grant Professionals Association. BellTower works seamlessly with organizations of all sizes. Whether you are a start-up non-profit or a larger organization that needs a helping hand to meet grant deadlines, we are ready to help. Call us today to find out how we can help you fulfill your mission!
Whenever possible, we are happy to visit your organization to witness the great work that you do and learn more about your organization’s culture. BellTower is equipped to meet virtually with staff via conference calls or video conference with screen sharing to ensure that meetings are productive. Our approach to winning grants for your organization is broken down into two phases;
Grant Planning Phase
1. Funding Needs Analysis/Strategic Outreach: BellTower Consulting Group will visit meet with the key members of your team to identify funding needs and grant history. At this time, we will collect copies of any promotional material, Strategic Master Plans or other documents that will help us learn about your organization. Within the first 30 days service, you will receive a funding analysis that is aligned with your mission and identifiend needs.
2. Grant Funding Research: BellTower will maintain a customized Grant Calendar, The Grant Calendar contains a list of potential grants. The Calendar is updated regularly as new grant opportunities are identified.
3. Provide Overview of Potential Grant Request for Proposal (RFP): BellTower Consulting Group will visit meet with key member of your team to identify funding needs and grant history. At this time, we will collect copies of any promotional material, Strategic Master Plans, or other documents that will help us learn about your organization. Within the first 30 days of service you will receive a funding analysis that is aligned with your mission and identified needs.
Grant Planning Phase
4. Research: BellTower will interview the key people involved in the project and research organizational documents to gain a full understanding of the project. BellTower will also attend bidder’s conferences (if available) and contact funders if necessary to clarify any questions about the grant submission process.
5. Write and Submit 1st Draft: BellTower will write the grant application following the specified RFP requirements. Once the first draft is completed, the grant will be submitted to the Department Head or designee for review and approval. If necessary, changes will be made until the grant is ready for submission.
6. Submit Application to Funder: BellTower will package (make copies, compile attachment, etc.) and submit the proposal. The grant will be submitted via mail, online, email, etc. based on the grant requirements.
7. Follow up: This may involve providing the grant maker with more information, submitting thank you letters, preparing Board Meeting Agenda Items to accept grant awards, and/or preparing required grant reports after funding is awarded. If an award is rejected, BellTower will contact the grant maker to request scoring sheets and if feasible prepare to resubmit the project with necessary revisions once the grant opportunity becomes available again.
Founded in 2009, BellTower Consulting Group has assisted nonprofit organizations and municipalities in securing grant funding for youth programs, social services, infrastructure, parks and recreation, arts programming and much more.
Get the latest updates and offers.